SLS DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL, MAUSAM VIHAR# DELHI-51
As part of Systemic Reforms, National Curriculum Framework 2005 recommends that Subjects such as Mathematics could be examined at two levels. As per this recommendation, Board has already offered two levels of examinations in Mathematics at secondary level since session 2019-20. Keeping this in view, the students can select any one level for CBSE Class X Exam 2021:-
- The curriculum of both the levels of Mathematics Exam in Class X offered by CBSE is the same.
- The two levels of Examination will be held for the subject of Mathematics (Only Theory) in the Board Examination for Class X in February/March 2021.
- A student will have the right to choose between the two levels of Examination - Mathematics Standard or Mathematics Basic (applicable only for Board Exams- Theory). The syllabus, subject teaching and internal assessment for both the levels of examination would remain the same.
- Students can make a choice according to their aptitude and abilities.
- Mathematics Standard would be the existing higher level of examination and will be meant for students who wish to opt for Mathematics at Senior Secondary level.
- Mathematics Basic would be for students who are not keen to pursue Mathematics at higher levels.
- It is mandatory for all students to inform the school authorities about their chosen option. The information must be forwarded immediately so that the same can be communicated to CBSE in the list of candidates (LOC) at the time of registration of their candidates in the CBSE.
- A student, who qualifies the Mathematics Basic, shall be given an option to appear in Mathematics-Standard at the time of Compartment exams as per norms of the Board, in case he / she changes his / her mind to pursue Mathematics at Senior Secondary level.
- Link for FAQ’s related to two levels of assessment: httpV/wwwxbseacademic^nic.in/web material/Circulars/2019/03 CircularFAO 2019.Edf _
In the interest of the students and as per their aptitude and ability, we would request you to take a decision in agreement with your ward, and mail the duly filled and signed consent profbima(enclosed) latest by 1st October 2020 to the class teacher at her mail id. No change will be accepted after submission of the proforma.
Looking forward for your kind cooperation.
For more information, refer to https://cbse.nic.in/newsite/circulars/2QlQ/03 Circular 2019.pdf
: D.A.V. Public School | Date
: 24 Sep 2020 Download